1. Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Meaning and concept of entrepreneurship, the history of entrepreneurship development, role of entrepreneurship in economic development, agencies in entrepreneurship management and future of entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneur: Meaning of entrepreneur, the skills required to be an entrepreneur, the entrepreneurial decision process, and role models, mentors and support system.
3. Business Opportunity Identification: Business ideas, methods of generating ideas, and opportunity recognition
4. Preparing a Business Plan: Meaning and significance of a business plan, components of a business plan, and feasibility study
5. Financing the New Venture: Importance of new venture financing, types of ownership securities, venture capital, types of debt securities, determining ideal debt-equity mix, and financial institutions and banks
6. Launching the New Venture: Choosing the legal form of new venture, protection of intellectual property, and marketing the new venture
7. Managing Growth in New Venture: Characteristics of high growth new ventures, strategies for growth, and building the new venture capital
8. Harvesting Rewards: Exit strategies for entrepreneurs, bankruptcy, and succession and harvesting strategy