Unit #2 Developing Knowledge and Skill of Adobe
● How are Type and Font used as design elements?
● What are the basic elements of a successful printed advertisement?
● What are the basic skills needed with using InDesign to re-design an advertisement?
● What is Copyright and how does it relate to usage of graphics in design?
Unit #3 Scaling & Identifying
● How are graphics scaled and how is appropriate resolution applied for specific situations?
● What is resolution as it relates to graphic design?
● How does resolution relate to image quality?
● What is color theory and how is it used in the production of graphics?
Unit #4 Understanding Picas and Points
● What are picas and points?
● How are picas and points used to measure graphic design projects?
● What is needed to develop skill with picas and points in order to measure and produce
Unit #5 Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
● What is Adobe Photoshop and how is it used differently than Adobe InDesign?
● What is the Photoshop Tool Palette and how are the tools used?
● What is a logo?
● What are the characteristics of an effective logo?
● What are basic skills in Photoshop needed to create a simple font logo?
Unit #6 Advanced Photoshop Techniques
● What advanced techniques are available in Photoshop?
● How can a tutorial be created in order to teach an advanced Photoshop technique to other
Unit #7 Background Graphics
● What is a background graphic and how/where are they used?
● How is a high resolution background graphic produced in Photoshop?
● What tools are used in Photoshop to create background graphics?
Unit #8 Product Packaging
● What are industry standards for product packaging?
● What is product "branding", how can product branding influence product packaging?
● How can students use existing logos and graphics of a product to develop new layout/design
for the product by considering branding and existing product trends?
Unit #9 Career Development/21st Century Skills
● How do the skills and knowledge I am learning in this class get applied within a job setting?
● How can I work with a team to develop an answer to a question or solution to problem?
● How I apply the skills that my future employers will value?